It was beautiful early fall Saturday morning when approximately 100 riders and volunteers descended on the Haskell Indian Nations’ Stadium parking lot for our first fall Community Bike Ride.
The mile and a half ride up Burroughs Creek Trail and back made for a great quick three mile for riders of all experience levels.
There’s a lot of people to thank:
- Anderson Rentals for the tent, tables, and porta-potties
- Douglas County Safe Kids, LMH, and Lawrence Fire and Medical members who came out to fit kids who needed free helmets.
- The team from The Merc for the great healthy snacks.
- Sunflower Bike for the complimentary bike checks.
- Team GpVeloTek and Lawrence Bicycle club and other volunteers for keeping people safe out on the course.
- Haskell Indian Nations University for the use of the parking lot as a staging area.
- Lawrence Unchained Bicycle Co-Op for course support and letting people know about your great work!
- And the incredible support of our sponsors: Lawrence Eye Care Associates, Ortho Kansas, Econolodge, McDonalds, Bev West Creative.
One of the riders, Eddie Davalos, had his camera and shot some great pics from the registration area and out of the course. Below is a galley of his images. Thanks Eddie! If you have any images you’d like to share email them to us them to us and we’ll get them posted.