The City of Lawrence is seeking volunteers to serve on the newly established Transportation Commission. The Transportation Commission will serve to advance the health, safety, and welfare of all residents of the City of Lawrence through multi-modal transportation planning.
There are five Mayor-appointed positions to fill that represent the following members in our community:
- one person representing local businesses
- one person representing bicyclists
- one person representing pedestrians
- one person, who shall have a background in planning or engineering, e.g., architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture, city planning, or the like
- one person who has a demonstrated interest, knowledge, or training in fields closely related to multi-modal transportation planning and engineering, such as a health profession, landscape architecture, city planning, urban design, geography, or the like.
If you meet one of the above criteria please consider volunteering to serve the community to advise the City Commission on matters relating to multi-modal transportation planning and related transportation decision-making.
Sign up to volunteer online at: http://lawrenceks.org/volunteer-board/ before December 2nd. Once membership is appointed, a monthly time and place for Transportation Commission meetings will be set by the members.
For more information, the Transportation Commission establishing resolution can be found online at: http://assets.lawrenceks.org/assets/agendas/cc/2016/11-01-16/pw_lawrence_transportation_commission_resolution_7172.html or contact David Cronin, City Engineer, 832-3130, firstname.lastname@example.org.